Saturday, April 1, 2017

my introduction to bullet journaling



With new seasons, come new ideas and new perspectives. Small changes have a way of creating a sort of ripple effect. So, with the change from winter to spring, I decided to try something new.

I recently came across a personalized method of journaling called bullet journaling. In following this method, you can customize agenda and lifestyle spreads within the pages of a notebook. Sounds good, right?

Well, it can get tedious if you decide to follow the somewhat strict guidelines of the original method. I'll link that original style of bullet journaling here.

However, some of the journaling spreads that I have encountered while exploring this world of journaling have really caught my attention. There are pages that range from mood trackers to monthly memories, really anything you can think up. Again, this is a journal that YOU create yourself.

Because I already have an agenda that I use to keep up with events in my daily life (A Lilly Pulitzer to be exact), I decided I was going to try bullet journaling out, but by only doing the more creative pages. Sort of like a "little things" planner, if you will, to keep up with and recognize the things that sometimes go unnoticed. Oh, and I added plenty of space for my many to-do lists!!

Since it's my first time testing out my liking of bullet journaling, I didn't buy a fancy journal (I used one I already own). While you can see that I'm dabbling in faux calligraphy, I also didn't buy fancy pens and markers because I'm just starting out. Instead, I rounded up some Crayola markers from around the house. Hey, if it works, it works!

Without further ado, here are some of my favorite pages (plus the supplies I used)...









This is just a few of the pages I did, and for a first time, I think I did pretty well. It's important to remember that everything isn't always going to be perfect. Not all of my lines are straight, I definitely didn't always color within the lines, and washi tape was my best friend when it came to correcting huge mess ups, but that's okay.

This journal is for me. And if you decide to create one, then it'll be for you. As long as you can live with a few smudges here and there, I don't think anyone else will mind.

"Some days there won't be a song in your heart. Sing anyway." Emory Austin

My favorite places for bullet journal inspiration: My Pinterest Board, AmandaRachLee, & Studywithinspo.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Get Polished