Friday, March 10, 2017

coming to a close: my senior quote



In the past couple of weeks, I was given the task of choosing my senior quote. This should be easy right? Pick a quote that you love, something meaningful, something you've always related with. The problem is I'm a somewhat of quote-aholic, if there ever were such a thing.


I had difficulty choosing one quote, so here are the runner-ups. They deserve some love.

1. "She believed she could, so she did."


2. "Some days there won't be a song in your heart, Sing anyway." Emory Austin


3. "Nothing can dim the light which shines from within." Maya Angelou 

4. "The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched, they must be felt with the heart." Helen Keller (Someone in the class ended up picking this one.)

5. "You are altogether beautiful, my love; there is no flaw in you." Song of Solomon 4:7


Ultimately, I went with...
"God is within her, she will not fall." Psalms 46:5

Because at the end of the day, my faith is the most important thing to me. And those are the words I cling to. These words keep me going. They bring me hope for the future.

I could have went with a funny quote, like a lot of my classmates did. Maybe that would have been easier, and honesty it probably wouldn't have been any less true.

But we all need something to hold on to, while we hold our breaths and wait for the future.

Here's mine.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Get Polished