Saturday, March 4, 2017

stressed, and well... stressed


What actually is stress? I mean honestly.

Is it the feeling of a weigh on your shoulders? A drowning feeling, like you're gasping for air? A mess of commitments and responsibilities? A warning before you explode?

Or is the answer simply all of the above?

Well, this post is for all the people who get it. The ones who know stress all too well, and the ones who are just beginning to encounter it. Maybe, it's even for the ones who haven't yet... because you'll need all the help you can get.

It's something we all have to deal with sooner or later. Later is preferable. But we all know that life doesn't care about our preferences.

This post is a makeshift response to a post by Danielle Marie Carolan titled "Stressed, But Well Dressed." And ya'll, this girl gets me! She knows my struggle...haha. And if a high school senior all the way in Florida can relate, there must be much more reliability to this topic. 

No, but really if I didn't believe it when they said Senior Year is no joke, I believe it now (which I feel like I've said a hundred times, but it genuinely keep smacking me in the face). And of course, I'm one of those people who brings these extra commitments upon myself. But, this semester has been like no other! Especially this past week because our school play (Into the Woods) opened this weekend, talk about a time commitment.

But I'm not complaining... I'll throw in a positive twist momentarily;)

School is a lot in itself, but adding extracurriculars on top of that can sometimes seem impossible. But hey, that's life! It's all about balance.

There will be plenty of tough times, you just have to be tougher. No wait, you are tougher, as Danielle would say.

One things for sure though, while I understand the stress part, where does the well dressed part come in, because I dress like a hobo half the time. I guess I'll have to work on that!

Which brings me to my next point. I want to start adding some different lifestyle elements to this platform. Change is coming!! So definitely, definitely, stay tuned.

Now, what I can't understand is why I'm still awake at 11PM typing up this post when I have tons of homework left to finish.... I guess I should add procrastination to the list of things I haven't quite mastered. Oh well, everything comes with time.

"Sometimes you need those bad days to help you appreciate the good ones."


Danielle's Post: "Stressed, But Well Dressed" 
Check her out. I really love her content!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Get Polished